Now raising chickens, farmers have chosen to use chicken battery cages to raise chickens in order to be able to adapt to the development of the times and increase the number of chickens. Chicken cages have been used for raising chickens. The cages are raised in large density and the number is large. It is inevitable that some chickens will be present. Some dysplastic and poorly-bred chicks, most of which can be healthy chicks after careful feeding and management, the following authors share the main points of feeding weak chicks:
1. Weak chicks are reared in groups: the general weak chicks have slow movements, poor absorption of the umbilicus, large abdomen, small individual, thin, and unable to struggle with the hand, so the farmer can pick out such weak chicks for group feeding. Put them alone in a cage, pay attention to the appropriate density, prevent the chickens from eating and crowding, and have small activity space, so that the growth and development of the chicks are not utilized.
2. Improve the temperature of chicken houses: Generally, weak chicks have a lower ability to raise temperature than healthy chicks, so farmers should pay attention to the temperature of the house a few days before breeding weak chicks. It is recommended that the farmers can control the temperature of the house in the first four days between 32 °C and 35 °C. After four o'clock, the farmers can reduce to about 30 °C. In the next few days, the room temperature can be gradually reduced by about 1-2 °C. The temperature of the house will gradually approach 18-22 °C.
3. Guarantee feeding and drinking water: Farmers can choose to use 8%-10% warm sugar water or rehydration salt for 2 hours when feeding weak chicks, and then feed the weak chicks at full price. It is important to note that the feed should meet the standard nutrients, allow the chicks to eat ad libitum, and ensure that each chick has the opportunity to drink and eat.
4. Keep sufficient light: Farmers know that weak chicks are weak and prefer to carry out crowding and squeezing. Therefore, farmers must maintain 24-hour light for 4 days from the start of brooding, and install one shed for every 100 chicks. A 1.5-meter 40-watt bulb is appropriate to help the chicks become familiar with the environment and better learn to drink and eat.
5. Pay attention to the treatment and immunization of weak chicks: weak chicks are not developed well, so the disease resistance is also worse. Therefore, farmers must pay attention to the immunization work of weak chicks during the breeding process. Weak chicks often suffer from umbilical inflammation. If there is a disease, the farmer can choose to apply gentian violet syrup, once a day for 2 days, and gentamicin is administered daily; if the yolk is not absorbed, the lactase is administered twice a day. Each time l pieces; the upper jaw is too long to affect the foraging, and the long part is worn away with a sand rod. In order to enhance the physical condition of the weak chicks, ground vitamin C can be added to 2 pieces of chicken per 6 chicks.
The above is the use of baby chicken cages to raise chicks. For the feeding points of weak chicks, it is only for farmers to refer to. It is hoped that farmers will be able to obtain better benefits through careful breeding. In order to avoid the existence of weak chicks, farmers should pay attention to the quality of manufacturers and chicks when selecting chicks.