When using the layer battery cages to raise the layer, the farmers can improve the laying performance of the layer by managing the pre-production layer. However, during this period of time, the physiological changes of laying hens are more serious, sensitive, weak in adaptation and poor in disease resistance. If farmers do not manage properly, it will affect the health of laying hens and egg production. Poultry farming equipment suppliers advise farmers to pay attention to the following management points before layer opening.
1. Immunization: Farmers should be vaccinated before laying hens, and immunization is essential to prevent the occurrence of disease during the laying period. The source of the vaccination should be reliable, well preserved, the vaccination operation is correct, and the dose is accurate. After inoculation, check the inoculation effect, and if necessary, carry out antibody testing to ensure the immunization effect, so that the flock has sufficient antibody levels to prevent the disease.
2. Deworming: Before the laying hens start, the farmers should do a good job of deworming. 110-130 days old chicken, 20-40 mg per liter of body weight with levamisole, or 200-300 mg of sputum, mixed with the mixture once a day for 2 days to remove the mites. Each kilogram of body weight is treated with thiodichlorophenol 100-200 mg, and the mixture is fed once a day for 2 days to drive the mites. When the coccidia oocysts are seriously polluted, the anticoccidial drugs should be used for 5-6 days after being basketed.
3. Illumination: The light has a great influence on the reproductive function of the chicken. Appropriate illumination in advance, so that the laying time of the laying hen is properly advanced, which is conducive to reducing the cost of feeding. Flocks that meet the requirements or are slightly larger than the standard weight can increase the number of hours of light to 13 hours at 16-17 weeks of age, and then increase by 20 minutes per week until the number of hours of light reaches 16 hours. Light stimulation should be initiated at 18-20 weeks of age. The number of hours of illumination should increase gradually. If the sudden increase of illumination time is too long, it may cause prolapse. The light intensity should be appropriate. It should not be too strong or too weak. It is too strong to produce sputum. If it is too weak, it will not stimulate.
4. Rearing: Feeding before the start of production not only affects the increase in egg production rate and the peak duration of egg production, but also affects the rate of death.
1) Replace the feed at the right time. The deposition of calcium in bones is the strongest 2 weeks before the start of production. In order to increase the yield of hens, reduce the breakage rate of eggs, and reduce the occurrence of fatigue in laying hens, the content of calcium in the diet should be 0.9% from the age of 17 weeks. Increase to 2.5%; when the egg production rate reaches 20%-30%, replace the laying hen diet with 3.5% calcium.
2) To ensure feed intake. Free feeding should be resumed before the birth, so that the chickens are full, ensuring balanced nutrition and promoting the increase in egg production rate.
3) To ensure drinking water. At the time of production, the metabolism of the chicken is strong, and the amount of water required is large, so it is necessary to ensure sufficient drinking water. Insufficient drinking water will affect the increase in egg production rate, and there will be more rectal prolapse.
The above four points are the author's statement. The management points of the laying hens before they are opened are expected to attract the attention of the farmers so as to increase the laying rate of the laying hens.