For users who use laying hen cages to raise chickens, laying hens can have high yields. In addition to selecting cages and environmental management, feed management is also very important. The healthy and normal growth of laying hens is inseparable from balanced feed nutrients, so for high-yield and healthy laying hens, farmers must feed balanced nutrients. So what kind of feed is best for laying chickens in chicken battery cages?
1. Carbohydrate feed: This kind of feed ingredient is the main ingredient in chicken feed, accounting for about 50%-80% of the total feed. Carbohydrate-containing substances include rice, broken rice, corn, tares, wheat, rice bran, bran, etc.
2. Protein feed: The feed contains protein components, which are important substances for the cells of the chicken flock and the material basis for all life activities of the chicken flock. There are many kinds of substances containing protein components, among which animal feeds include fish meal, silkworm pupa, blood meal, earthworm and so on. The protein content of this ingredient is relatively rich, so farmers can properly mix in the feed, which can promote the development of embryos, the growth of chicks and the formation of eggs. Vegetable protein feeds include beans and oil cakes. This type of feed has a wide range of sources, low cost, and complete nutrition.
3. Vitamin feed: The feed contains vitamins and is a necessary feed ingredient for the growth, reproduction and production of laying hens and for maintaining life activities. And such nutrients can only be obtained from feed, so it is an important feed ingredient. Vitamin-rich substances include clover. Vegetables include all kinds of vegetables and foot leaves of vegetable farms; melons and leaves. This kind of feed is rich in vitamins. As long as the supply can be guaranteed, it can not only promote the growth and development of chickens, ensure the health of chickens, increase the production of meat and eggs, but also increase the utilization rate of the department for better economic results.
4. Mineral feed: There are many types of minerals. Minerals play an important role in the growth and health of chickens. Substances containing mineral ingredients include eggshell powder, shell powder, stone powder, bone powder, and salt. It can be blended into the mix, or placed in a chicken house, allowing the chickens to self-feed.
5. Feed additives: it is to mix the trace elements, vitamins, antioxidants, chemical drugs, etc. necessary for chickens in an appropriate ratio and add them to the mixed feed. In order to reduce the diseases caused by the deficiency of certain vitamins and trace elements, promote the growth and development of chicks and the production capacity of adult chickens.
The above is the specific points that the author tells for the farmers, what feed is good for laying chickens in the cage. In addition, farmers are reminded that although feed additives have a relatively large role, they cannot be abused and used for many purposes. At the same time, it must be stirred evenly in the feed, and the use period should not exceed 1 week. Antibiotic and anthelmintic drugs must be replaced in a planned manner. Do not always use the same drugs to prevent and treat a disease, so as to prevent drug resistance, but it will not prevent diseases.