What material to choose for battery layer cages will last longer?
- font size
- No comment
With the large-scale and intensive development of the chicken industry, more and more chicken farmers choose battery layer cages to develop poultry farming projects.
Why battery chicken cages are popular?
- Increase stocking density. The density of the three-dimensional chicken cage is more than 3 times higher than that of the horizontal cage, and more than 17 laying hens can be raised per square meter.
- Save the feed. Chickens are caged, which reduces the amount of exercise, reduces energy consumption, and reduces material waste.
- Chickens do not come into contact with manure, which is beneficial to chickens' epidemic prevention.
- Eggs are cleaner and eliminate eggs outside the nest.
However, many farmers do not understand the processing technology of chicken cages. How can they choose chicken battery cages with good quality and long life? In automated chicken raising equipment, chicken cages are more important for direct contact with chickens. At present, there are 4 kinds of layer cage raw materials and production processes on the market for chicken farmers to choose:
- Cold galvanized. Cold galvanizing is also called electro-galvanizing, and the galvanized layer is very thin. The advantages of cold galvanizing are smooth surface and high brightness, but it is generally used for 2-3 years of rust prevention and 6-7 years of life.
- Hot dip galvanized. The thickness of the galvanized layer is generally above 80 μ Generally not easy to rust, high corrosion resistance. Generally, it can be used for 15-20 years, but the disadvantage is the dip galvanizing bath. It is uneven and has many burrs, which requires manual processing in the later stage. Hot-dip galvanized chicken cages are the first choice for automated farming, but the price is generally higher than others.
- Spray the automatic battery cage system. The powder coating is adsorbed to the cage through the attraction of high-voltage static electricity, forming a highly corrosion-resistant phosphate film between the chicken cage and the coating, but the sprayed chicken cage is more likely to stick to the chicken manure. It's easy to get old and fall off. This kind of chicken cage is relatively rare in the market, and the market is relatively small.
- Zinc aluminum alloy chicken cage. Zinc-aluminum alloy welding wire is used for direct welding without any processing in the later stage. The welding requirements of this kind of automatic battery cage systemnet are relatively high. If the soldering is not good, the solder joint will rust. If the process is well mastered, the lifespan can generally reach more than 10 years. Most of the imported chicken raising equipment adopts this kind of mesh.
Now the best quality and most using battery cages on the market are the hot-dip galvanized process. Can be used for about 20 years. If poultry farming friends want to buy battery chicken cages, you should choose a reliable battery cage manufacturers.